LEARNING AIM REFERENCE: Z0003519
RATIONALE FOR THE PROGRAMME
The rationale for the programme is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their core capabilities within the business, retail, Customer Service and health and social care. The outcome of the programme is for learners to develop the skills required by associated organisations globally.
This programme creates learning that advances the thought skills and knowledge of learners, offering conceptual and practical insights that are applicable in the associated industries of today and tomorrow. Ultimately, this programme will:
- Prepare learners for employment; and
- Support a range of roles in the workplace.
This programme provides a specialist work-related programme of study that provides breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, along with practical skills required in the related job sectors.
This programme has been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression. Entry to this programme will be through centre interview and learners will be expected to hold the following:
- To register on to this programme, learners are required to be 19-24 years of age.
- No formal qualifications may be considered, subject to interview and being able to demonstrate their ability to cope with the demands of the programme.
AIMS OF THE PROGRAMME
The programme provides the opportunity for individuals to forge a career in business, retail, Customer Service and health and social care by seeking a greater knowledge and understanding of industry, and to support the individual’s development into further positions. The programme aims for the following:
- To equip individuals with the knowledge, understanding and skills required for success in job interview
- To provide specialist study relevant to individual vocations and environments in which learners are currently working, or to which learners are aiming to work in the associated sectors
- To develop learner ability to contribute positively to good practice in the related environments through effective use and combination of the knowledge and skills gained in the programme
- To develop skills and techniques, personal qualities and attributes essential for successful performance in working life and thereby enabling learners to make an immediate contribution to employment.
LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE PROGRAMME
Learners studying for this programme will be expected to develop the following skills during the programme of study:
- Transferable skills and knowledge that will enable individuals to meet changes in business, retail, Customer Service and health and social care
- To motivate individuals to progress to further professional development through future study or as part of their chosen career
- Learners will complete a life skills initial assessment with the results available for both learners and associated organisations
- Learners will complete an action and work plan identifying further resources for motivation, resilience, sociability, professionalism and organisation,
- Learners will attend in the work placement for live work experience and centres will ensure guaranteed job interview with associated organisations
This programme is vocational which can support a learner’s career progression. Learners will need to demonstrate knowledge; understanding and Original thought and recommendations on actions will also be asked for from learners where appropriate.
This programme is assessed by multiple-choice examination, externally set (CPDEDU) and marked by accredited centre. Learners must complete 50 questions within 60 minutes. Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the programme outcomes and achieve a pass mark of 60% (30/50).
Learners completing this programme will gain sufficient skills and knowledge to progress into their expected entry level job in areas of business, retail, health and social care or childcare.