That’s it, you’ve got a CV that would have Lord Sugar saying “You’re hired!” Writing a CV needn’t be a nightmare, just follow our advice and tips and the interview is yours. Here’s a summary to refresh your memory:
- Use the right CV layout. Fonts, white space, margins and spacing all contribute to readability. Keep the recruiter reading and you’ve passed the first hurdle.
- Use a template with clear sections and the right length. Dividing up your CV clearly and keeping it brief focuses attention on your job winning qualities.
- Choose the right CV format. In the vast majority of cases, reverse-chronological is best.
- Write an attention grabbing CV personal statement. Get the hiring manager hooked from the start.
- Serve up a stunning main course of experience, skills and education. This is the meat and potatoes of your CV that plays the biggest part in selling you as a candidate.
- Land the knockout punch with additional CV sections. Go above and beyond with bonus information to seal the deal and land that interview.
- Attach a cover letter to your CV. Show how the company will benefit from hiring you.
Find the original article at this link: https://zety.com/uk/blog/how-to-write-a-cv#layout